Friday, December 14, 2007

Dream of a more semantically efficient Google

In a bleary moment, I was looking at Google search results for a movie -- in fact, it was Our Hitler, which I learned has recently been released, after many a year. I found myself wishing Google had simply grouped all the individual search results into folders - surely it has an algorithm to put similar search results in little bundles, at least in cases of specific things like Our Hitler. That way, just as you do a right click "open all in tabs" in Mozilla, so you'd right click each Google folder result, and a bunch of search results would open all at once.

Save all that damn clicking and clacking.

[Later] Maybe Google could let you tell it how many results to cluster in each bundle.

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

google should just add two little buttons next to the "i feel lucky" one. (if that still exists - this thing always forces me onto google.fr unless i go through an annoying series of steps)...

one button could say "do you feel semetic?"
one could say "do you feel semantic?"

the possibilities are seemingly endless. results more like this?

12/18/2007 1:41 AM  
Blogger Tom Matrullo said...

Usually I blog when I feel semiotic. Or idiotic.

I heard an interview with one of the Google boyz, maybe Brin, who said he sometimes hits the "I'm feeling lucky" button as it's and maybe I'm interpolating here a sort of memento mori, a blind cast into the world of the Unalgorithm. Un Al Gore rhythm.

I personally have never, not once, hit that button. I never think of hitting it. I've got Al Gore Rhythm, I've got Muzak.

Who could ask for anything mor - i.

12/18/2007 11:35 PM  
Blogger Tom Matrullo said...

I also forget to go to fesseboke. But I was sensible of your absence when I remembered.

12/18/2007 11:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home