Friday, June 18, 2004

Host-age and hostage

Thanks to Rogers Cadenhead, Steve Kirks, Lawrence Lee and Dave Winer for creating in what seems like an impossibly short time Buzzword.com, now hosting over 3,000 former weblogs.com manila blogs, including my own commonplaces, now found here. I can only imagine the amount of work these people put in, on short notice, and their solution seems at once pragmatic, generous, and fully in working order. Here's the faq, here's the Yahoo Group, here's where any former weblog.com user can back up hizzorher blog. Tutti bravi!

I now face the predictable quandary posed by being on a network. People have just gotten done updating their links to find me here. I mean, here. Now I am able to move over to the new old blog, here, requiring the same people to yet again update links. But this new move is itself potentially temporary, as I, like a smart consumer, should evaluate a number of competing options, including one of just moving to my very own domain. So another round of link changes could lie ahead.

So it's a puzzle. Right now, so far as I am aware, the old link to my former blog is dead, no redirect. In the interests of keeping things simple, I am inclined to keep on here, I mean here, for the interim.

I am most open to suggestions. What would you do?

3 Comments:

Blogger Ray Davis said...

I like here, but I'd follow you pretty much anywhere.

6/18/2004 4:02 PM  
Blogger Social Director of the Internet said...

I'll go where you go, or in this case, you've come where I am, so either way, here we are!

It's purdy over here.

6/18/2004 9:51 PM  
Blogger Suw said...

Stay put for a bit. You can always get your own hosting and domain and republish to that with a redirect from here later on if you want.

6/19/2004 8:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home